I bet you thought I forgot to do my Friday Five. Well...I didn't! But with so many other things going on this week, it did get pushed to Friday afternoon. Better late than never, right?
1) The YA Scavenger Hunt is happening now! Are you on my blog looking for some bonus book content? Try the post below this one. Interested in joining the Hunt and potentially winning a ton of books? You can start HERE.
2) This week's awesome read: THE GIRL FROM EVERYWHERE by Heidi Heilig. It's about a girl who lives on a time-traveling pirate ship! That's all I need to say, right? Okay, fine, here's a little more: Nix's father, the ship's captain, has been searching for a map that will bring them to Honolulu in 1868—when Nix's mother died. But if they save her mother and change the past, what happens to the life Nix has lived? This is a fascinating adventure story, as well as a wonderful meditation on the true meaning of family. Plus, the settings—from 1860s Hawaii to modern-day NYC—are so vivid and detailed. And Kashmir, Nix's charming shipmate...yeah, I liked him quite a bit. If any of this sounds intriguing to you, pick this book up!
3) I passed 80K words on my new book. Then I promptly cut 1,000 by removing an entire scene. But still. I'm on the home stretch! I don't think it will get much longer than this, since I've already written a version of the ending.
4) April! I'm still all about spring. Ballet flats and bright colors and flowers blooming and everyone in NYC looking substantially more cheerful now that we've all put away our winter coats and hats. It's the best.
5) My husband informs me that his preorder of Star Wars: The Force Awakens has arrived in his iTunes. Guess what we'll be doing this weekend...
Anything good in your world this week?